Unit 3, Task 2 : Reflection in real life


Having done badly for O'levels, I entered an engineering course in poly which was never a choice of mine.  I accepted the engineering course just to secure a place in poly to get my diploma. Initially I had the mindset of just getting through each semester as I didn't see a point in doing well and was disappointed with myself. Along the way I met many friends who experienced the same situation as me of entering engine cluster due to our poor result. They were working hard to get good grades even though the course wasn't their ideal choice. It was then I realized, no matter how much I dislike, life goes on. Instead of dwelling on my downfall, I started getting motivations from my surrounding and worked hard to achieve better grades in my 2nd year which made me realized that engineering course was actually where I belong. Being more sensitive to numbers, I was able to grasp calculation base subject easily and scored well which gave me a sense of satisfaction. Even though my overall grades were affected by my 1st year's result, I was glad I went through those 3 years as it allowed me to looked at life from a different perspective.

After graduating from poly, I knew my strengths and weaknesses better and also developed a passion in the building sector. In life, there tend to be setbacks but making used of what was given to us and achieving something more than we expected is a lot more meaningful and satisfying. As the saying goes, "when life gives you lemon, make lemonade". 

Edited on 12/09/2018



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for posting this fine, honest and detailed reflection, Bernandine. I look forward to discussing it in class. Keep in mind that though we may zero in on some of the language errors, this discussion is for enhancing everyone's learning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Writing

Formal Introduction : Descriptive Reflection